Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Author Guest Post: Pursuing the Bear (Shifter Wars #2) by Kerry Adrienne


Pursuing the Bear by Kerry Adrienne
Release: October 17th, 2016
Romance Subgenre: Paranormal
Series: Shifter Wars #2

Professor Bria Lane has known this since she was a child. Now she’s returned to he forests of Deep Creek to prove it to the worlds. She has no idea how close she is to that proof in ruggedly sexy park ranger Derek Poole. Intimately close. But uncovering Derek’s wild side comes with a shattering price.

Like a magnet meeting metal, Derek is drawn to Bria. His destiny. His mate. So beautiful and so vulnerable. So dangerous, too: an encroachment of lions, vengeful and vicious, is closing in and they’re ready for war. Now is not the time to be distracted like a lovesick cub.

If Bria reveals the truth of the Deep Creek shifters to the world, she’ll bring out the worst of both sides. But Derek can’t hide his secrets from the love of his life forever. He knows they’re playing with fire – and that when passion runs this hot, this reckless, someone’s bound to get burned.

*Previously published, newly revised and expanded by author




Author Guest Post
I'm excited to have author Kerry Adrienne on the blog today to discuss her new book, Pursuing the Bear. Thanks for sharing, Kerry!


First off, I want to say up front that I love music. I almost always have something playing on my office sound system or through headphones or blasting in my convertible. Music is a huge part of my life and my creative process. I would be very sad if I couldn’t listen to it while writing.

The music doesn’t always fit the book. I play music that fits my mood or energizes me. I love bands like Marilyn Manson, Green Day, The Cure, Depeche Mode, Halestorm, The Beatles, and musical theater (current favorite there is Hamilton).

For Pursuing the Bear, Marilyn Manson was touring his latest album, The Pale Emperor. In the year leading up to and including writing the book, I saw eleven Marilyn Manson concerts. I traveled everywhere—sometimes flying, sometimes driving eleven hours to see the show. From small clubs to outdoor arenas, I went to as many as I could. So, it should come as no surprise that I was listening to Manson for most of the time I was writing this book.

I have thirty-six Manson playlists on my iTunes account. I have ones for the car, concept albums, favorite favorites, etc.

The playlist I listened to the most often is called: Marilyn Manson Driving Two. It contains old songs and new, mostly high tempo, and all loud. There are thirty-nine songs on the playlist, but I will list the first fifteen:

1. The Beautiful People
2. Tourniquet
3. Angel with the Scabbed Wings
4. The Reflecting God
5. Hey, Cruel World
6. No Reflection
7. If I was your Vampire
8. The Fight Song
9. Disposable Teens
10. Target Audience (Narcissus Narcosis)
11. The Nobodies
12. Mechanical Animals
13. Rock is Dead
14. Doll-Dagga-Buzz-Buzz Ziggety-Zag
15. (s)AINT

Thanks for having me here to talk music. It’s one of my favorite things in the world and there’s nothing like a live concert. I had a meet and greet with Marilyn Manson this summer and we talked about writing erotic horror. He’s a very brilliant wordsmith and I’d love to see the playlist he listens to when he writes!

Kerry Adrienne




About Kerry Adrienne

Repped by the fabulous Marisa Corvisiero with the Corvisiero Literary Agency. http://www.corvisieroagency.com/

Kerry loves history and spends large amounts of time wondering about people who lived and walked on Earth in the past. She’s a mom to three daughters, six cats, and various small animals. Her husband says she’s a marketer’s dream, as she often believes everything she hears—at least initially. Her shoe horde will attest to her fine shopping skills.

In addition to writing, Kerry loves to sew (costumes and cosplay, especially), draw, paint, make chainmail, and play guitar.

Her new love is her Mini Cooper Convertible, Sheldon, and they have already gone on many adventures. They travel to as many concerts as they can–especially Green Day and Marilyn Manson.

You can visit her much-neglected costuming blog here: http://cloakandcostume.blogspot.com/ Maybe she’ll have time to update it soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment