Sunday, February 21, 2016

Starlight Magic (Northstar Holidays #2) by Suzie O'Connell

Review and Curated Soundtrack

I’m not typically one of those people who looks for signs or messages for the universe. However, it was almost impossible to not be that person as I read Starlight Magic. You see when I began to write this blog I had a few books and accompanying playlists already stored up in my head and typed up informally in my email. Starlight Magic was the first book I read with the intention of curating an accompanying soundtrack based on the book. Starlight Magic seriously delivered on the playlist front! Suzie O’Connell not only explored a few of Celeste’s musical tastes in a scene of the book she also wove music into a few different scenes. Thank you Universe and Suzie O’Connell!

Can I also mention that Suzie is wonderful at interacting with her readers online? Her Facebook page is hopping and she is very transparent about what’s coming up for her readers. She does giveaways, polls and answers fan’s questions with a candor that is hard to find in an author’s presence online.

As for the book itself, I always enjoy reading Suzie’s work. Northstar is one of my favorite small towns to read about and even as the small town trend seems to be fading, I know I’ll be revisiting Northstar for years to come. I was happy to see Shannon, Ty and even Pat make appearances in the book! Celeste and Brodie’s story is one of healing, mutual trust and love after tragedy done with a, somewhat, unique spin. Also, how cute is Brendan!?!


I rate this book:
HeartHeartHeartHeart
What did you think of Starlight Magic? Are there any songs that remind you of Brodie, Celeste and their HEA?

No comments:

Post a Comment