Wednesday, September 21, 2016

A Better Man (Sunshine Creek Vineyard #1) by Candis Terry


A Better Man by Candis Terry

Release: March 29th, 2016
Romance Subgenre: Contemporary Romance
Series: Sunshine Creek Vineyard #1

Meet the Kincade brothers: they’ll do what it takes to protect their legacy—but what happens when love gets in the way?

Hockey star Jordan Kincade wasted no time ditching Sunshine Valley and everyone who mattered for a career in the NHL—a truth Jordan confronts when his parents’ deaths bring him home. Now he’s back to make amends, which begins with keeping his younger sister from flunking out of school. It’s just his luck that the one person who can help is the girl whose heart he broke years ago.

Lucy Diamond has racked up a number of monumental mistakes in her life, the first involving a certain blue-eyed charmer. She has no intention of falling for Jordan Kincade again, but when he shows up asking her to help one of her students, Lucy just can’t say no. Worse, the longer he’s back, the more she sees how much he’s changed. And so when a blistering kiss turns to more, she can’t help but wonder if her heart will be crushed again . . . or if she’ll discover true love with a better man



Curated Soundtrack
Awhile back I heard a delightful interview Sarah Wendell did with author Candis Terry on the Smart Podcast, Trashy Books podcast (you can find the link to that interview here). Well, after listening to Terry talk about her books I just knew I had to read the first book in her new Sunshine Creek Vineyard series, A Better Man. However, life got in the way and this book kinda fell off my radar. Luckily for me I was searching my library's website for a new ebook to read and I restumbled upon A Better Man. I jumped on the waiting list right away and waited my turn patiently (aka not-so-patiently). The waiting list was like 10 people long; I waited awhile for this one!

After finishing this book I won't forget Candis Terry and the Sunshine Creek Vineyard series again! It's SO SO SO good. Jordan is a hockey player who returns to his hometown after his parents die tragically. He has not only has lost touch with his brothers but he also barely knows his younger, teenage, sister. Lucy is a high school teacher with past she'd rather forget entirely. Lucy loves her life now but she's not sure she'll ever be able to forget the past enough to move on with a new relationship. When Jordan reappears in her life after quite a few years have gone by she's sure he won't remember her or how he broke her heart years. But Lucy's wrong, Jordan not only remembers her but he sets out to win her heart once and for all. Ahhhhh! Doesn't that sound like some much romancelandia catnip? Did I mention Jordan's family also owns a vineyard!?!

One of my favorite scenes of A Better Man is when Jordan goes to sign up for a local gym membership and he finds his sweet, studious teacher kicking some serious boxing a**. I just love the idea of Lucy taking no prisoners, doing something good for herself and focusing on her own personal power. Also, she has pink boxing gloves! How awesome is that? So for the A Better Man playlist I pulled together the two songs Terry mentioned in A Better Man for Lucy's workout along with some of my own personal favorite workout songs.




What did you think of A Better Man?
Are there any songs that remind you of Jordan, Lucy and their HEA?



About Candis Terry

Growing up in Southern California, I was too busy reading books, hanging out at the beach, or finding ways to have a good time that wouldn’t land me on restriction to even consider writing a book. Oddly enough, a college drama teacher (who politely discouraged my inept acting abilities) encouraged me to develop the A+ character bio I’d created into a complete story. Right. Years later, in the midst of a bleary-eyed all-nighter (rocking my newborn, that is), I picked up a romance novel and fell in love with more than just the infant in my arms.

The diversities in my life have enhanced (or twisted) my worldview. From working in a Hollywood recording studio to a graphic designer in marketing; from schmoozing with the likes of Charleton Heston and Motley Crüe to giving up my beach bum ways and making the move to an Idaho farm. I’ve designed costumes for 80’s heavy metal videos and scooped up road apples left on the parade route by my daughter’s rodeo queening horse.

Only one thing has remained constant: my passion for writing stories about relationships, the push and pull in the search for love, and the security one finds in their own happily ever after. Though my stories are set in small towns, my wish is to give each of my characters a great big memorable love story rich with quirky characters, tons of fun, and a happy ending.

I’m married to a wonderful man who takes out the trash without being asked and who puts up with all my crazy ideas. To find inspiration, my family and I often grab our trailer and ATV and venture out to discover the off-road splendor of the Idaho wilderness. And when I need a fun dose of reality, I call upon my daughter and her little Mini-Me or one of our 3 furry troublemakers.

Life is good down on the farm!

No comments:

Post a Comment