Thursday, December 22, 2016

Author Guest Post: Unexpected by KG Fletcher


Unexpected by KG Fletcher
Release: December 12th, 2016
Romance Subgenre: Romantic Suspense

Recently jilted Josephine Davis wasn’t looking for love…. A chance encounter along the sweltering highway with Atlanta’s own millionaire bachelor changed all that. Devastatingly handsome and full of unexpected talents, William Prescott Harrington, III shows beautiful Josie a life that she could have only dreamed of; his excessive wealth and generosity eventually threatening her very existence. Two star-crossed lovers from polar opposite sides of Atlanta navigate their way through a maze of greed and jealousy desperate for only one thing – each other.

Her heart made a wish. Will her dream become reality or will the nightmare destroy them all?



Author Guest Post
I'm excited to have author KG Flecthcer on the blog today to discuss her new book, Unexpected. Thanks for sharing, KG!



“My love affair with a fast car & how it inspired my debut romantic suspense novel, UNEXPECTED”


Atlanta, GA is the setting of my debut novel, UNEXPECTED, released on 12-12-16. If you’ve ever been to HOT-lanta, you know it can get pretty steamy!

The idea for this story came to me in a very peculiar way. Three years ago I was working for corporate America in a shiny high rise in a wealthy area of Atlanta known as “Buckhead.” I was going through a rough transition in my life trying to figure things out and my six mile commute to work took me forty-five minutes in horrendous bumper-to-bumper traffic.

Fun times.

I’m a very timely person and there was a two week period where I would pass a certain “on ramp” every morning around the same time a black Porsche would whiz by. I LOVE fast cars, so of course, I noticed. It happened every morning for two straight weeks – same time, same black Porsche.

After the third or fourth day, I started anticipating this car passing me, ogling at the beauty of it. I was driving a thirteen year old white mini-van at the time – of course I ogled! I actually started to look forward to my commute and every morning, when this fantastic car would pass, I would often wonder who was behind the tinted windows. I started to day dream about who the driver was, what kind of job, house, family they had. Before you know it, I had a complete story in my head that eventually turned into my debut novel, UNEXPECTED.

Alas, my two week love affair with the black Porsche came to an end and I never saw that particular car again. When I do see a Porsche on the road, I smile and remember the brief encounter that inspired me all those mornings long ago.

I can’t wait for you to meet William Prescott Harrington, III – Atlanta’s very own millionaire bachelor. He’s tall, dark, handsome and a force to be reckoned with in the world-wide real estate market. Devoted to his family, his youthful dreams are set aside in his early twenties because of the unexpected death of his father. As the only son and heir to the family business and fortune, he accepts his responsibilities in life which include a rather nice side effect of extreme wealth and privilege.

Josephine Davis is a feisty, freelance accountant determined to move forward with her life after being left at the altar on her wedding day. Her tumultuous relationship with her ex-fiancĂ© is finally over and she’s trying to move on in the fast lane of the city and make it on her own. She is devoted to her elderly mother and younger sister, never knowing her father who walked out on them when she was only four years old.

Two star crossed lovers from opposite sides of the tracks meet unexpectedly on a hot September day along a busy Atlanta highway. Driving a sleek, black Porsche, Will accidently cuts Josie off causing her to swerve and hit a giant pothole. He stops to help her change a flat tire and their attraction is immediate.


About KG Fletcher

KG Fletcher is the author of the romantic suspense novel, Unexpected released in December, 2016. She is an active member of RWA and the Georgia Romance Writers Association. She was a singer/songwriter in Nashville, TN and a recipient of the “Airplay International Award” for “Best New Artist” showcasing original songs at The Bluebird CafĂ©. She earned her BFA in theater at Valdosta State College and has traveled the world professionally as a singer/actress. She currently gets to play rock star as a backup singer in the National Tour, “Remember When Rock Was Young – a Tribute to Elton John.” (www.almosteltonjohn.com)

KG lives in Atlanta, GA with her husband Ladd and their three gorgeous sons. She is a hopeless romantic continuing her work on her original cabaret act called, “Love” to help promote her romance novels.

2 comments:

  1. I appreciate you having me! Wishing you and yours a wonderful holiday!
    KG Fletcher

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Holidays to you as well! Thanks for the AWESOME guest post. Now I want to drive a Porsche...

      Delete