Saturday, December 10, 2016

Author Guest Post: Fighting for Phoebe by Jennifer Ann


Fighting for Phoebe by Jennifer Ann
Release: November 23rd, 2016
Romance Subgenre: Contemporary Romance

Jace Daniels is undeniably sexy.

I mean who doesn’t like the muscular, tattooed type who’s all mysterious and brooding? But he’s on the run from something dangerous, and I have enough of my own problems.

My existence has revolved around deception for as long as I can remember. Sometimes lying is like a damn disease...one I’ve been exposed to since birth. And as many times as I’ve dreamed about running away, my mother’s grasp on me runs deep.

Phoebe Carson is hot as hell.

She’s not just gorgeous, but quirky and a lot of fun. Even though I can’t afford to get involved with anyone, I feel a need to protect her from her psychotic ex.

After a failed attempt to expose the truth about a fellow Marine’s disappearance, running was my only option. I don’t know how much time I have until they’ll arrest me, but I’m determined to make things right.

When their paths collide, the passion is so explosive that neither of them can walk away. But once the truth unravels, proving it’s more than fate that brought them together, will Jace still decide she’s worth fighting for?

Amazon / Kobo / iBooks / Barnes & Noble


Author Guest Post
I'm excited to have author Jennifer Ann on the blog today to discuss her book, Fighting for Phoebe. Thanks for sharing, Jennifer!


I’ve always wholeheartedly believed that real heroes don’t wear capes, they wear dog tags. Having grown up with a father, sister, and brother who all served in different branches of the US military, it would seem patriotism for this great nation runs deep in my blood. My mom and I were the proverbial black sheep, willfully choosing the civilian life. At least she was a nurse, still dedicating time to helping Americans in a different way. Before becoming a full-time author, I filed documents for the government. It wasn’t exactly a noble profession, though maybe a part of me was still trying to chase the military way of life.

When I think back to when I was eighteen, the only reason I can surmise for not enlisting would be because I was (and still am) a lazy wuss. A couple of years ago, some friends suckered me into a “mini boot camp” type training/hell, and I hardly made it through one session. Simply getting me on the treadmill every now and then is a serious ordeal, and often involves bribes of one kind or another. So it’s probably safe to say that the military just wasn’t for me.

But thankfully it was for my brother. And bless his heart for joining the Marines when I was in high school, because there was never a shortage of hot new friends for him to bring around. Some may say I have a slight obsession with Devil Dogs as every single one of my romance books to date includes a Marine. But as with the Marines I know in real life, there’s something special about my fictional jarheads that goes beyond simply being ripped and smoking hot (although that never hurts to expedite the fantasy).

Every Marine I’ve ever met is brave, loyal, and dedicated to their country. They’re true patriots even after they’re no longer on active duty. They’re also the kind of people you’re glad to know, because they’d have your back in a heartbeat. The Marines in my life may tend to get a little crazy, but they know how to have some serious fun. Whatever you do, don’t call them an ex-Marine, because they’re always and forever dedicated to that way of life.

In Fighting for Phoebe, Jace immediately feels a duty to protect Phoebe from her ex. Before anyone says “but they just met,” the idea of a Marine physically stepping up to a stranger in the bar, determined to honor what they felt to be the right thing, was drawn from real life experiences. I’m telling you, they’re an exceptionally loyal crew, driven by what they believe in their hearts.

Now that my teenaged son participates in federally funded youth program with the U.S. Navy, I’m cheering on our military with an entirely different role, one that will forever create tears of pride. And if my son enlists after high school as planned, I’ll probably have a hard time writing romance that involves young sailors, mostly because I wouldn’t want him or his new friends to be weirded out. But that doesn’t necessarily rule out the appearance by a hot Naval officer or two. ;)



About Jennifer Ann
Jennifer Ann is the pen name used by Jen Naumann when writing steamy romance novels with complex love stories. Like her characters, she's in love with the city of New York, rock concerts, and Marines. Sometimes you can catch her driving a tractor alongside her husband in southern Minnesota while trying to keep up with the madness of their four active children.

No comments:

Post a Comment