Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Ride Hard (Raven Riders #1) by Laura Kaye


Ride Hard by Laura Kaye

Release: April 26, 2016
Romance Subgenre: Contemporary Romance
Series: Raven Riders #1

If you don’t already know...Laura Kaye is one of my favorite authors of all time. Seriously, I adore all of her books and they are some of the reads I load up on my Kindle when I need something comforting. I first began her Hard Ink series last October as I was flying out to Vegas for a work conference. So, it felt fitting to begin her new series, Raven Riders, on the same week I travelled to Vegas for RT. Ride Hard did not disappoint, in fact, it might be one of my favorite books that I’ve read in 2016 so far. I HIGHLY recommend this book.

If you didn't catch it last week, find a guest post by Laura Kaye and a recipe for Haven's Cinnamon Rolls here!

Character Study Playlist AND a Curated Soundtrack

The Raven Riders seem to frequently throw parties and I noticed while reading the book that music frequently plays into the party atmosphere of the Ravens. In particular, there was a pretty emotional scene where Dare and Haven dance to a song on the jukebox. So, I’ve created a playlist of jukebox favorites that tie in with Ride Hard. This playlist is essentially a jukebox-themed character study playlist. It's like both types of playlists rolled into one! Crazy, right? “Wonderful Tonight” was the first song I added for Dare and Haven and then the rest of the songs fell into place to represent their HEA and the Ravens.






Individual Songs and Fitting Lyrics
I choose songs for playlists based on lyrics, musical genre and musical style. Below are the individual songs chosen for Raven Riders and the lyrics that led me to add the song to the list.







“Wonderful Tonight” by Eric Clapton

Oh my darling, you were wonderful tonight.















“Under Pressure” by Queen
Can't we give ourselves one more chance
Why can't we give love that one more chance















“Born to be Wild” by Steppenwolf
This song reminds me so much of Haven and her list!
Like a true natures child
We were born
Born to be wild













“Foxey Lady” by Jimi Hendrix
I'm gonna take you home
I won't do you no harm, no
You've got to be all mine, all mine














“Rider on the Storm” by The Doors
Girl, you gotta love your man
Girl, you gotta love your man
Take him by the hand
Make him understand
The world on you depends
Our life will never end
Gotta love your man, yeah





What did you think of Ride Hard?
Are there any songs that remind you of Dare, Haven and their HEA?


Buy Ride Hard on Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment