Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Scot Of My Dreams (Kilted Heros #2) by Janice Maynard


Scot Of My Dreams by Janice Maynard

Release: May 10, 2016
Romance Subgenre: Contemporary Romance
Series: Kitled Heros #2

I kinda wanted to hate this book. The cover was a little too cutesy; it made me expect a syrupy love story. That’s not what I got at all, I was pleasantly surprised and delighted! Scot Of My Dreams was really honest and touching. Was it sweet? Sure, but not in a bad way. I purchased and read the previous book in the Kilted Heroes series right after finishing this book and promptly added the next installment to my TBR list. The last book of the series is not coming out until Fall and I'm really looking forward to it. Please (please please) read this book if you love books set in Scotland or sweet Contemporary Romances with a little heat!

Note: Since finishing both of the Kilted Heroes books I've gone and reread the endings of both books several times. They make my heart so happy and get all the feelings moving and grooving. These books are really and honestly some of my favorites. Also, can I go to Scotland now?

Character Study Playlist

Bryce and Willow had such a wonderful love story that it was hard to narrow the focus of this playlist. Should I do something about being secret lovers? Or a curated soundtrack for music that could have been played at the Scottish ball? In the end, I went with music that reminded me of their time together the night and morning after the ball. Bryce's declaration of love and the way he expressed his devotion to Willow was too great of musical inspiration to pass up!





Individual Songs and Fitting Lyrics
I choose songs for playlists based on lyrics, musical genre and musical style. Below are the individual songs chosen for Scot Of My Dreams and the lyrics that led me to add the song to the list.






“Before You Go” by Common Kings

Want you to love me before you leave
Let me hold you before you go
Just remember the times we shared
And remember you touched my soul
We don't know where life will take us
I hold my breath and be patient
So, won't you love me before you leave










“Secret” by Chelsea Lankes
Don't leave tonight
Stay here, no one will find us
We'll be all right
We've got silence to hide us













“Die A Happy Man” by Thomas Rhett
Baby and that red dress brings me to my knees
Oh but that black dress makes it hard to breathe
Your saint sure got us the cutest, the hottest masterpiece
It's too good to be true, nothing better than you
In my wildest dreams
And I know that I can't ever tell you enough
That all I need in this life is your crazy love









“All My Life” by Texada
All my life I've waited for you.
Think I survived so I could know you
and everything will change,
but we got now forever,
so let's run with it, baby,
run with it, baby.











“Better Place” by Rachel Platten
I see the whole world in your eyes
It's like I've known you all my life
We just feel so right
So I pour my heart into your hands
It's like you really understand
You love the way I am







What did you think of Scot Of My Dreams?
Are there any songs that remind you of Bryce, Willow and their HEA?


By Scot Of My Dreams on Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment