Monday, May 9, 2016

Tattered Loyalties (The Talon Pack #1) by Carrie Ann Ryan


Tattered Loyalties by Carrie Ann Ryan

Release: February 17th, 2015
Romance Subgenre: Paranormal Romance
Series: The Talon Pack #1

I rate this book:
HeartHeartHeartHeart

When the great war between the Redwoods and the Centrals occurred three decades ago, the Talon Pack risked their lives for the side of good. After tragedy struck, Gideon Brentwood became the Alpha of the Talons. But the Pack’s stability is threatened, and he’s forced to take mate—only the one fate puts in his path is the woman he shouldn’t want.

Though the daughter of the Redwood Pack’s Beta, Brie Jamenson has known peace for most of her life. When she finds the man who could be her mate, she’s shocked to discover Gideon is the Alpha wolf of the Talon Pack. As a submissive, her strength lies in her heart, not her claws. But if her new Pack disagrees or disapproves of fate’s choice, the consequences could be fatal.

As the worlds Brie and Gideon have always known begin to shift, they must face their challenges together in order to help their Pack and seal their bond. But when the Pack is threatened from the inside, Gideon doesn’t know who he can trust and Brie’s life could be forfeit in the crossfire. It will take the strength of an Alpha and the courage of his mate to realize where true loyalties lie.



Theme Song

When I'm working on a playlist for a book I usually finish reading the book and then journey out to Spotify or Google Music or my personal collection to grab things that work within the context of a curated soundtrack or a character study playlist. It usually takes me a day or two to get the playlist just right, but it sometimes takes a week or two.

Last week I was listening to the radio while driving around town and I heard a song that reminded me of a book I read a months and months ago. Seriously, I read the book mid-2015 and the song I heard hit me just right. "H.O.L.Y." by Flordia Georgia Line reminded me so much of the hero of Tattered Loyalties. Guys, it's so strange that a song would remind me of a book I had read in the past months later; this isn't normal for me, it hasn't happened before. However, I will say that I do really love this book and I think about all of Carrie Ann Ryan's romances frequently (since I love me some good fated mates). It isn't surprising that a song reminded me of her books since they are on my mind more than most.

The funny thing about this song and the book is that they main lyrics of the song are just so not right for the hero and heroine. I can't imagine Gideon saying "holy" or "hallelujah" but I think the words are almost a stand-in for his "Goddess". Even so, the sentiment behind the song and the mood is just so spot on for Tattered Loyalties . The song has an almost reverent quality to it and it immediately reminded me to Gideon's awe of his love for Brie. Specifically, "H.O.L.Y." reminds me of the scene with Gideon and Brie near the end of the book that takes place in their bedroom where Gideon is making sure Brie is healed and safe.





“H.O.L.Y.” by Florida Georgia Line
You're an angel, tell me you're never leaving
Cause you're the first thing I know I can believe in

You're holy, holy, holy, holy
I'm high on loving you, high on loving you
You're holy, holy, holy, holy
I'm high on loving you, high on loving you

I don't need the stars cause you shine for me
Like fire in my veins, you're my ecstasy, you're my ecstasy


What did you think of Tattered Loyalities?
Are there any songs that remind you of Gideon, Brie and their HEA?


Buy Tattered Loyalties on Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment