Thursday, May 12, 2016

The Bride Wore Starlight (Seven Brides for Seven Cowboys #3) by Lizbeth Selvig


The Bride Wore Starlight by Lizbeth Selvig

Release: March 15, 2016
Romance Subgenre: Contemporary Romance
Series: Seven Brides for Seven Cowboys #3

I so loved this book. I must admit, it took awhile to grow on me and I detested Alec in the beginning. He redeemed himself by allowing Joely to grow and pushing her to be better and do better without crowding her. In the end Joely and Alec's story was super sweet. Alec is very much my new book boyfriend. Through the course of the book Alec and Joely learned to depend on each other and be each other's "person". I really did identify with their relationship on a personal level since my husband and I are very much each other's "person" and we can sometimes be a little closed off from the rest of the world.

Also, Lizbeth Selvig is a Minnesota author and I'm a Minnesota gal! When I finally got the opportunity to meet her all the way in Vegas for RT it just seemed a little bizarre that we met so far from home. We laughed at the situation though and she was so nice. Like honestly, she was my favorite author that I met in Vegas. Lizbeth was so genuine and personable. I hope I get to see her a little closer to home next time!



Character Study Playlist
This playlist came together really quickly for me. I knew immediately that "Looking at Stars" was going to be the backbone on of the playlist and that the other songs would fall in around it. I hope you enjoy!





Individual Songs and Fitting Lyrics
I choose songs for playlists based on lyrics, musical genre and musical style. Below are the individual songs chosen for The Bride Wore Starlight and the lyrics that led me to add the song to the list.







“Overdue” by Jillian Jacqueline

I'm so overdue For a little bit too good to be true
For a ticket to a life with a better view I'm tried of waiting For the winds to change and catch by breath For a love to rewinds over us That takes and makes a heart like mine brand new I'm so overdue for someone like you












“Love Again” by Cedric Gervias ft. Ali Tamposi
Maybe all that we need is a heartbreak to love again
Maybe all that we need is an ending to start again















“Looking at Stars” by Kelsea Ballerini
Only the truck and the trees gonna see what we do
All I wanna be is wrapped in your arms, laying in the dark,
Looking at stars














“Love is Beginning” by Imaginary Future
Oh look how the colours are changing
New stars appear in the night sky
This heart is starting to come to life
Oh my love, love is beginning
We have found something worth living for
I got my head in the clouds
Oh my love, love is beginning now










“Angel Like You” by Eli Young Band
I'd be skipping days and slipping through the nights without feeling a thing
If you weren't here putting me right, what would my life mean








What did you think of The Bride Wore Starlight?
Are there any songs that remind you of Joely, Alec and their HEA?


Buy The Bride Wore Starlight on Amazon

2 comments:

  1. Oh, Erin, I have tears in my eyes after reading this. It was such a treat to meet you in Las Vegas, too. I have a great picture of us that I'll send to you :-) And this playlist . . . just WOW! Thanks so very much for honoring me this way. I'm kinda blown away here! XOXXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you enjoyed the playlist! It's fun to create the lists and research songs for specific books. You are just the best my dear!

      Delete