Friday, May 20, 2016

Savage Urges (The Phoenix Pack #5) by Suzanne Wright

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Savage Urges by Suzanna Wright

Release: May 3rd, 2016
Romance Subgenre: Paranormal Romance
Series: The Phoenix Pack #5

She’s a lone wolf with a cause.

As a volunteer at a shelter for lone shifters—the same one that rescued her—Makenna Wray has dedicated her life to finding homes for its residents. And when she discovers that a teen in her care is related to Ryan Conner, the broody, handsome-as-sin enforcer of the Phoenix Pack, she’s eager to help connect the two. She just wasn’t prepared to feel a connection of her own.

Lone wolves are loners for a reason—and most of them bad. Or so Ryan assumes until he meets the mysterious Makenna. Quirky and sensual, she seems to enjoy riling him, especially when she refuses to discuss her past. Although there is no mating bond, he’s sure she’s the one. All he has to do is be patient and wait. But when another pack’s sinister Alpha comes sniffing around, threatening Makenna and her shelter, this enforcer is ready to let his wolf off the leash…



Theme Song

I adore Suzanne Wright's books and her world. If you have Kindle Unlimited you can get the Phoenix Pack books for free on Amazon. I HIGHLY recommend them if you are a fan of shifter romances! Savage Urges might just be my favorite Phoenix Pack book. Nick and Shaya will always have a special place in my heart since I love submissive females matched up with super-alpha males, but Ryan and Makenna's story was really sweet and pretty perfect. It's no secret that I do have a weak spot for secret babies in romances, but I also like caregivers and ready-made families. In Savage Urges Makenna is looking after Zac, Ryan's relative. Ohhh it was so dang good guys! I also really liked that took some serious work for Ryan and Makenna to get their HEA. They had to open up to each other, step outside of their comfort zone and change up their lives. Even though Ryan suspected Makenna was his true mate early on, they didn't settle into their bond until late in the book which I liked since the way the story progressed put so much power into Makenna's hands.

The theme song I choose for this book has a pretty excellent set of lyrics for Ryan and Makenna. The lyrics mention "give into me" (which is also the title of the song) several times and those lyrics work for Ryan and Makenna since Ryan is so sure of their bond. Also, he's definitely dominant...so the "give into me" lyrics can also be echoed in their bedroom escapade scenes ;)







“Give into Me" by Devin Dygert
I remember the part first glance captured my heart,
and I don´t know how so quickly you got a hold of me.
Why is it that everything, that´s good always leaves.
But I won´t be a victim to the fear inside of me.
And when you start to feel it let it go, no matter how
the story unfolds If you never try you´ll never know.

Give into me baby ´cuz it´s right and you feel it.
I wanna go oh oh oh can you go oh oh oh when you dealing, oh.


What did you think of Savage Urges?
Are there any songs that remind you of Ryan, Makenna and their HEA?


Buy Savage Urges on Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment